Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook pro say "not enough storage" while having enough storage for an iphone backup

Hi I am trying to backup my 128gb iphone 12 mini with 70gb used on my macbook pro (90gb of storage free). I have turned on icloude photos, so the backup should be kind of small but the mac always say there is not enough storage on this macbook ...

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 5, 2022 7:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 5, 2022 9:36 AM

iCloud is not a backup for computers - it is a syncing service so all files are available for you on any of your devices. But, if you delete something on your computer, it will be deleted in iCloud. A backup for a computer should be on an external hard drive.

7 replies

Oct 5, 2022 11:29 AM in response to Simster2

How large is your internal storage/drive on your computer?

If it shows that you do not have enough empty space, you need to create some by moving files and/or deleting the ones you no longer need. You will need an external hard drive to move files. If you have a small drive, I don't know if you can actually do it as you wouldn't have any space left over on the laptop - I'd backup the phone to iCloud.

How to back up your iPhone or iPad with iCloud - Apple Support

Macbook pro say "not enough storage" while having enough storage for an iphone backup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.