Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2019 16" MBP connect via daisy chain to 2 Dell U2715H monitors

I have a 2019 16" macbook pro that I'd like to connect to 2 Dell U2715H displays by daisy chaining them together.  The Dell  U2715K does support DP 1.2 and from what I’ve read, that can be used for daisy chaining.  So I’d have one cable going from the MBP to the closest U2715H and then the 2 U2715H’s would be connected to each other.  Does the 2019 16” MacBook pro support DP 1.2?  Does this sound like it would work?  what cable would I need to go from the MBP to the first monitor and what cable would I need to go from the first monitor to the 2nd monitor?

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Oct 5, 2022 10:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 5, 2022 7:35 PM

Depends completely on your needs for ports including for displays.

Just be sure it is actually a genuine ThunderBolt device, and not just a USB-C device. It should have the ThunderBolt logo on the port or cable that connects to the computer, AND should say it supports Macs.

Also, if you use USB-C Docks sold for PC's they may advertise that they support two displays -- not when connected to a Mac they don't.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 5, 2022 7:35 PM in response to steigw

Depends completely on your needs for ports including for displays.

Just be sure it is actually a genuine ThunderBolt device, and not just a USB-C device. It should have the ThunderBolt logo on the port or cable that connects to the computer, AND should say it supports Macs.

Also, if you use USB-C Docks sold for PC's they may advertise that they support two displays -- not when connected to a Mac they don't.

2019 16" MBP connect via daisy chain to 2 Dell U2715H monitors

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.