Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I use a chrome with I tunes downloaded to it to reset my I pad

Can I use Chromebook with iTunes download it on it to reset into recovery mode my I pad?

Posted on Oct 5, 2022 2:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 5, 2022 2:42 PM

No.

Use of Mac or Windows PC is needed as there is NO version of Apple iTunes for Google ChromeOS devices.

You need to have access to a full computer, like a Mac or Windows PC, try either using the Finder on a Mac that has the newest macOS Catalina, or later macOS, installed OR with an older Mac with an older Mac OS, download and install the latest iTunes version ( or latest iTunes for Windows PC ), make sure the Mac or Windows PC is connected to the Internet, connect your iPad by the USB charge cable to the computer and let the iTunes application start the restore recovery process.

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch in iTunes on PC - Apple Support

If you can't update or restore your iPad - Apple Support

Make sure your iPad is, at least, charged to 50% or greater to attempt this.

Also, make sure your iPad has, at least, between 6-8 GBs of free internal data storage space for downloading and installing a major iOS/iPadOS upgrade.

Make sure your desktop/laptop computer has plenty of internal drive storage space, also.

If NO access to a Mac or Windows computer, you will have to seek help from a good friend or family member, with a full Mac or Windows PC, to help you out

OR

Search online to locate and call contact your nearest, “local” Apple Store location to try/attempt to make an appointment to get your Apple iPad upgraded/updated to its latest iPadOS 15 version.

OR, alternatively, use the “Get Support” link, at the upper right hand corner of every Apple Support Community Webpage to attempt to schedule an appointment with your nearest Apple Store location.

Apple Store employees will be glad to help/assist you.

Best of Luck to You!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 5, 2022 2:42 PM in response to shawngarrity

No.

Use of Mac or Windows PC is needed as there is NO version of Apple iTunes for Google ChromeOS devices.

You need to have access to a full computer, like a Mac or Windows PC, try either using the Finder on a Mac that has the newest macOS Catalina, or later macOS, installed OR with an older Mac with an older Mac OS, download and install the latest iTunes version ( or latest iTunes for Windows PC ), make sure the Mac or Windows PC is connected to the Internet, connect your iPad by the USB charge cable to the computer and let the iTunes application start the restore recovery process.

Make sure your iPad is, at least, charged to 50% or greater to attempt this.

Also, make sure your iPad has, at least, between 6-8 GBs of free internal data storage space for downloading and installing a major iOS/iPadOS upgrade.

Make sure your desktop/laptop computer has plenty of internal drive storage space, also.

If NO access to a Mac or Windows computer, you will have to seek help from a good friend or family member, with a full Mac or Windows PC, to help you out

OR

Search online to locate and call contact your nearest, “local” Apple Store location to try/attempt to make an appointment to get your Apple iPad upgraded/updated to its latest iPadOS 15 version.

OR, alternatively, use the “Get Support” link, at the upper right hand corner of every Apple Support Community Webpage to attempt to schedule an appointment with your nearest Apple Store location.

Apple Store employees will be glad to help/assist you.

Best of Luck to You!

Can I use a chrome with I tunes downloaded to it to reset my I pad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.