Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone was blocked by scammers

Hi! How can I unblock my iPhone that was blocked by scammers. Now there is another ID. But I have a box and warranty card from seller that proves that iPhone is mine

Posted on Oct 5, 2022 9:52 PM

6 replies

Oct 5, 2022 9:58 PM in response to Karina_Tsoy

Is this "seller" Apple or an Apple Authorized Reseller ... or some other third-party? If the latter, chances are you purchased a phone which has not be properly configured for sale. That is, the phone still has the original owner's Apple ID associated with it. To remove it, that owner just needs to follow the directions in the following support article:

If you can't get a hold of the original owner or they are not willing to help you, then this phone will be completely useless to you. In that case, I would suggest that you take it back to whomever sold it to you and get your money back.

Oct 6, 2022 12:16 PM in response to Karina_Tsoy

Hopefully, what Alex has provided you will work. Apple does offer this service to help out in predicaments like this.

However I'm curious on what this scammer was offering you that required that you enter his Apple ID on your phone. This may help others who may come across this same situation to be better forewarned before doing so.

Iphone was blocked by scammers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.