Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 14-5g-india

when will iphone 14 in india be enabled with 5G, already services are available but option not available in iphone. I saw news there will be a software update, when will it happen.

iPhone 14, iOS 16

Posted on Oct 6, 2022 2:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 6, 2022 2:18 AM

All iPhone 12 and above are 5G enabled handsets if at all Apple needs to send any OTA settings they can do that only after the 5G services are released by Carriers in India.

Please have patience. Your writing here in this forum will not hasten the Apple process.

You are addressing this to another user and not to Apple in this forum.

Apple Support Community Forum

This is Apple Support Community forum, primarily for a user to user interaction for information & idea sharing between users, if need be, extend support on technical know-how in handling Apple products from a more experienced fellow user, This is not the right forum to discuss with Apple Inc.

Which Carrier has begun 5G services in India?

Which city are you from?

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 6, 2022 2:18 AM in response to N V Yogesh Gupta

All iPhone 12 and above are 5G enabled handsets if at all Apple needs to send any OTA settings they can do that only after the 5G services are released by Carriers in India.

Please have patience. Your writing here in this forum will not hasten the Apple process.

You are addressing this to another user and not to Apple in this forum.

Apple Support Community Forum

This is Apple Support Community forum, primarily for a user to user interaction for information & idea sharing between users, if need be, extend support on technical know-how in handling Apple products from a more experienced fellow user, This is not the right forum to discuss with Apple Inc.

Which Carrier has begun 5G services in India?

Which city are you from?

Oct 8, 2022 12:30 PM in response to SravanKrA

@sravankra Airtel has already started providing 5G network and sad that your ill informed on what Yogesh is asking. 5G is actively available in all metro cities in India. Tested and works fine in my android devices. But the option to enable is something that is blocked by Apple and a OTA is expected to roll out for the same.

although I understand that this is a community discussion, but topics like these needs to be discussed minimising others concern to promote healthy exchanges and knowledge transfer between users

[Edited by Moderator]

Oct 8, 2022 1:52 PM in response to gouthsns

gouthsns wrote:

So this is specific to Indian devices, iPhone 12 and above has the capability but is not enabled in India for some reason. Airtel who is actively working with Apple already confirmed that, Apple will soon send out an ota for this.

WRONG. iPhone 12 and above has the capability and IS enabled in India. But your Indian carrier must enable your account for 5G, and most provide a 5G carrier settings update. The same is true everywhere else in the world. In the US if you do not have a 5G SIM your phone will not support 5G. Likewise for Europe, South America, Asia and anywhere else.

I know the iPhone 12 supports 5G in India, because many other users in this forum live in India and have 5G service.

Oct 8, 2022 2:43 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

5G literally became available only 5 days before and I am 100% sure it’s not available for iPhone. Please google iPhone india 5G update and you will understand what am talking about.

couple of articles for you to read :

https://tech.hindustantimes.com/amp/mobile/news/5g-on-iphones-in-india-apple-to-push-the-5g-update-soon-says-airtel-71665032485303.html

https://indianexpress.com/article/technology/tech-news-technology/apple-will-open-5g-services-soon-for-iphone-users-in-india-airtel-cto-8188596/

And there’s 1000 more articles covering this exact topic that we are talking about. I would also love to connect with people who are from India and has 5G service if you can point me to them.

Oct 8, 2022 8:30 PM in response to N V Yogesh Gupta

I don’t actually believe that. iPhones are sold in over 100 countries, and 5G works in all of them that have 5G carriers. So I don’t believe that Apple has discriminated solely against India, especially since Apple manufactures iPhones in India. I believe it is Airtel covering for their incompetence in not delivering a Carrier Settings file to Apple so Apple can install it in 5G-enabled iPhones (12, 13, 14 and SE 3rd edition). Every carrier must supply a configuration file that is installed with the carrier’s specific network parameters. In the “old days” the user had to configure a bunch of network settings, or APNs before a phone (any phone) could be used on the carrier’s network. Apple has eliminated that. Instead, the carrier creates a configuration file, sends it to Apple, and when the phone is activated or updated the configuration file is installed in the phone. And my hypothesis is that Airtel hasn’t done this yet.

Oct 9, 2022 8:16 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

Lawrence I do not know you belong to which Country. In your country Apple has released the supporting software OTA and hence you have not faced this situation. In India Service providers who has already launched 5G service itself is informing the Apple users that Apple has to release the Software OTA. Android phones are already functioning with 5G Service. Request you to google the Indian sites on this

iphone 14-5g-india

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.