Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

5G enablement in India

When will 5G be enabled for iPhones in India?

iPhone 12, iOS 16

Posted on Oct 6, 2022 8:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 6, 2022 8:56 AM

I've never heard of that at all. But then we are all users on this user to user only forum. I don't think you are being told the truth, but feel free to ask Apple directly by using the Get Support button at the top of this page.

5 replies

Oct 6, 2022 8:48 AM in response to prajwal_07

I think you're asking the wrong question. It is not whether you can buy a 5G capable phone in India. The question should be directed to your cellular providers as to when they will offer 5G service in India, which has absolutely nothing to do with Apple.

I did find this article which offers some insight into some cities in India which may start seeing 5G service and of course one would need to own a phone which has a 5G modem in order to take advantage of 5G service.

https://www.india.com/business/5g-launch-in-india-1st-october-2022-delhi-mumbai-kolkata-full-list-of-cities-to-get-5g-in-first-phase-5662356/

5G enablement in India

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.