Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to search my iBooks Library on my MacBook Pro

How can I search my Library for a book. When I use the search function it comes up with all these books I could buy but I want to look through the ones I already have!

Thanks

Crispin

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Oct 6, 2022 9:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 6, 2022 10:49 PM

In the Books app preferences (Books Menubar item > Preferences) go to the Advanced tab. There you will find a setting under searching called Include store results when searching. Remove the tick in the box and you search results will no longer include the book store titles.

If you leave the setting to search the store, as you already have seen, results from your own library display in the result category In Your Library, with the top results from the store below that.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 6, 2022 10:49 PM in response to alexbentley

In the Books app preferences (Books Menubar item > Preferences) go to the Advanced tab. There you will find a setting under searching called Include store results when searching. Remove the tick in the box and you search results will no longer include the book store titles.

If you leave the setting to search the store, as you already have seen, results from your own library display in the result category In Your Library, with the top results from the store below that.

How to search my iBooks Library on my MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.