Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2015 Mac Pro on OS X EL Capitan

Hello, I have a 2015 mac pro book with OS X El Capitan. it's not giving me any additional options for software updates. Is it still safe to run on this version?

MacBook Pro 13″, OS X 10.11

Posted on Oct 6, 2022 10:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 6, 2022 11:06 PM

Hello!

Hello, I have a 2015 mac pro book with OS X El Capitan. it's not giving me any additional options for software updates. Is it still safe to run on this version?

Good news! You can upgrade to macOS Monterey, the latest version of the Mac operating system!

How to upgrade to macOS Monterey - Apple Support

It is recommend you create a Time Machine backup first:

Back up your Mac with Time Machine - Apple Support.

Jack

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 6, 2022 11:06 PM in response to jawzmeen

Hello!

Good news! You can upgrade to macOS Monterey, the latest version of the Mac operating system!

How to upgrade to macOS Monterey - Apple Support

It is recommend you create a Time Machine backup first:

Back up your Mac with Time Machine - Apple Support.

Jack

Oct 6, 2022 11:04 PM in response to jawzmeen

jazzmen Said:

"2015 Mac Pro on OS X EL Capitan: Hello, I have a 2015 mac pro book with OS X El Capitan. it's not giving me any additional options for software updates. Is it still safe to run on this version?"

-------

About Updating a Mac:

Determining which Update(s) will Install:

I. Verify Compatibility:

A. Start Here: Learn About Compatibility and how to Identify your Specific Mac Model - Apple Support

B. How to Verify:

II. Reveal your Model:

What is the Model of your Mac? To find out...

1. Go to: Apple menu
  2. Click: About this Mac
  3. View: Second Line-Down

then...

II. Compare the Results:

See if the Model you found is shown here:

III. If Compatible:

2015 Mac Pro on OS X EL Capitan

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.