Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 14 pro max do I need a screen protector

Posted on Oct 7, 2022 5:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 7, 2022 5:48 AM

That’s a personal choice. I have never used a screen protector on any of my iphones going back to the original in 2007. I think I ended up with a minor scratch on the display once… If I remember right, it was on my 7 Plus… It never bothered me.

2 replies

Oct 7, 2022 9:09 AM in response to carolann135

Completely up to you. I always use one (a cheap one that comes in a 6 pack on Amazon…not a glass one) because I was usually selling my iPhone annually and the screen protector always kept my screens looking like new and kept me getting well above average selling (and more than most trade in offers). If surface scratches wouldn’t bother you if they happened then skip it. If you know you’re the type to want to post a thread about how a scratch appeared and you think the device is defective because you paid so much money and Apple said it was the best screen ever….save yourself the stress and get one.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.