Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I access my music library on my iPhone after my BF authos me via family share?

My BF authorized me via Family Share for Music. Whose library can I see with this service. His alone? His and Mine?

I've got many albums in iTunes. I want to access them on my phone. Does Apple Family Share (with Music shared) allow me to access my iTunes account on my phone using my BF's

Posted on Oct 7, 2022 9:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 8, 2022 2:56 PM

Hi Jenicol,

Great question. When you join Family Sharing your Apple Music library remains yours and is not affected. You can share your music with members and even hide your purchases as well. Check out this resource for further information on how Family Sharing and Apple Music work: Share Apple Music with Family Sharing on Mac - Apple Support

Cheers.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 8, 2022 2:56 PM in response to Jenicol

Hi Jenicol,

Great question. When you join Family Sharing your Apple Music library remains yours and is not affected. You can share your music with members and even hide your purchases as well. Check out this resource for further information on how Family Sharing and Apple Music work: Share Apple Music with Family Sharing on Mac - Apple Support

Cheers.

Oct 8, 2022 3:12 PM in response to Neil22R

Thank you so much for answering quickly. I see the issue from reading the KB article you included. He has the be on a Family Sharing plan but he is on an Individual plan. So I can't use his Apple Music subscription to get Apple Music myself. Sad. I yearn for the good old fashioned iTunes where I load up a CD and bam! I can use it on all apple devices (at the time iPod). So serpentine with Apple Music, iTunes, and iCloud Music. Frustrating.

Can I access my music library on my iPhone after my BF authos me via family share?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.