Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch flashing green screen when activity rings are filled

My Series 7 Apple Watch has started flashing a green screen after my activity rings are filled. I believe the issue started with the latest WatchOS update. Is anyone else experiencing the same issue?

Apple Watch Series 7, watchOS 9

Posted on Oct 7, 2022 1:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 9, 2022 5:27 AM

I was able to get in touch with support at Apple. They suggested unpairing the watch with my phone and pairing it again. It worked. The next day when I filled my activity circles the app was operating normally (no green screen). I did have a problem reconnecting my watch to unlock my MacBook shortly after that, but that appeared to be more of a WiFi connection problem, as the problem worked itself out as I was chatting with the support representative without changing any of my settings in any of my devices.

15 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 9, 2022 5:27 AM in response to Chris_D13

I was able to get in touch with support at Apple. They suggested unpairing the watch with my phone and pairing it again. It worked. The next day when I filled my activity circles the app was operating normally (no green screen). I did have a problem reconnecting my watch to unlock my MacBook shortly after that, but that appeared to be more of a WiFi connection problem, as the problem worked itself out as I was chatting with the support representative without changing any of my settings in any of my devices.

Dec 7, 2022 4:35 PM in response to rlounds

Also happening on my Series 8, starting with the last patch.

Honestly, what I really want to know is _why_ the particular solution offered seems to work. The green flickering is reminiscent of green screens and makes me wonder if it isn’t being used as a color key in a mini video that’s being used as the notification’s animation. So… Why, out of every possible thing one could do to troubleshoot the watch, would unpairing and re-pairing the watch even _remotely_ interfere with the video rendering on screen?!

It feels like a bug within a bug to be even able to have it work out that way…

Dec 7, 2022 11:22 PM in response to alma1090

Unfortunately, all of the fixes mentioned here have been temporary. That is to say the green screen seems to come back eventually (I wish I was able to identify the number of uses before it appears but I haven’t been counting). Is there any way to forward this issue on to Apple WatchOS developers to see if they can patch the issue in the next OS release? It seems to be a specific issue with the Activity app that, at least for me, hasn’t shown up elsewhere.

Apple Watch flashing green screen when activity rings are filled

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.