Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Playlist gone from iPhone today randomly, and now gone in iTunes after I tried to sync....

I was listening to a playlist today in the car on the way to work. Sometime between when I turned off the car, put the phone in my pocket and walked into work, I check a few minutes later to listen to a song and that play list was completely gone. I waited all day to get home to my computer to sync the phone and restore the 300 songs in the order I wanted. I synced the phone and the playlist did not show up on the phone still. It was checked in the box for syncing that from iTunes. I clicked on sync again and now it disappeared from my itunes library. That's so weird. I need help please!!!! I didn't hit delete or anything, how could this happen and it must be somewhere right?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Oct 7, 2022 5:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 8, 2022 6:27 AM

See Restore items backed up with Time Machine on Mac - Apple Support. If you open your Music folder, and then launch Time Machine, you should be able to tell if there are snapshots. I guess if it has never been set up then it will likely prompt you to set up on first launch.

How long have you had this playlist? If it is one you've had for ages then there could be a file containing it in the Previous iTunes Libraries folder. You could potentially hold down option when starting iTunes, open the most recent file in that folder, export the list as an XML file, then option-start-iTunes to reconnect to your current library and import your exported playlist.

tt2

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 8, 2022 6:27 AM in response to GreggyG1000

See Restore items backed up with Time Machine on Mac - Apple Support. If you open your Music folder, and then launch Time Machine, you should be able to tell if there are snapshots. I guess if it has never been set up then it will likely prompt you to set up on first launch.

How long have you had this playlist? If it is one you've had for ages then there could be a file containing it in the Previous iTunes Libraries folder. You could potentially hold down option when starting iTunes, open the most recent file in that folder, export the list as an XML file, then option-start-iTunes to reconnect to your current library and import your exported playlist.

tt2

Playlist gone from iPhone today randomly, and now gone in iTunes after I tried to sync....

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.