Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5G software update

Dear iOS,

I am Venugopal I recently moved from Android to iOS, this device support 5G but not supported software update, when get I received 5G Update software, I need to know update.

Regards

Venugopal

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 13, iOS 16

Posted on Oct 7, 2022 11:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 9, 2022 6:59 AM

I had an extensive chat w apple support.

Some iPhones in India like 13 pro are yet to get 5G support. See iPhone - Supported 5G and LTE networks - Apple (IN)

Disappointing to say the least.

25 replies

Oct 8, 2022 2:07 AM in response to imavinashkanaujiya

That's new to me. To my knowledge, a 5G connection depends on the hardware (Apple supports 5G on iPhone model 12, 13, 14 series) and/or on the cellular carrier services/updates using the appropriate SIM card (not on the iOS versions).

See if your carrier is included in this list (choosing your country):--> Wireless carrier support and features for iPhone in the United States and Canada - Apple Support

Oct 7, 2022 11:59 PM in response to Venu_Gajjela

Are you using a physical SIM card or an eSIM provided by a cellular carrier who can offer 5G network connection service?

Since your model 13 hardware supports that kind of connection, what do you mean for "not supported software update"? what "software update" are you talking about?

Have you contacted your cellular carrier, explaining your problem?

Regards

Giulio

iPhone 5G software update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.