Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 16.0.2 - Hidden Wifi SSIDs ain't being connected when avaliable.

Since i have update my iPhone 12pro to iOS 16.0.2, i am unable to connect to my office's wifi. It is pertinent to mention that SSID is hidden and every time i need to connect to this SSID, i just simply need to put the SSID and password by usiung the "other" option, though these credentials have already been saved and can be viewed in Settings-->Wi-Fi-->Edit.

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 16

Posted on Oct 8, 2022 3:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 8, 2022 9:55 PM

hasanraza483 Said:

"iOS 16.0.2 - Hidden Wifi SSIDs ain't being connected when avaliable.: Since i have update my iPhone 12pro to iOS 16.0.2, i am unable to connect to my office's wifi. It is pertinent to mention that SSID is hidden [...]"

-------

Troubleshooting iPad WiFi:

A. Delete a VPN:

VPN is a common a culprit. So, disconnect from it, unless required for work, school, and such.

B. Start Here: If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t Connect to a Wi-Fi Network - Apple Support

C. Clear Temporary Internet Files:

If Wifi is disconnecting, try clearing out your Temporary Internet FilesHistoryCache, and CookiesGo Here: Clear your Safari Browser History and Set Up Content Blockers on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

D. Report this to Apple:

Did you just update your device?

Do your part: Let Apple know what is going on here. Provide them with feedback on this. They may not get back to you directly, but the more feedback they received on this, the more they will know what is going on, and what needs to be fixed in updates to come.

1. Go Here: Feedback - iPad - Apple
  2. Comment: that it is after installing the update when the issue began
  3. Select: "Bug Report" for the "Feedback Type"
  4. Proceed from there aw necessary
10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 8, 2022 9:55 PM in response to hasanraza483

hasanraza483 Said:

"iOS 16.0.2 - Hidden Wifi SSIDs ain't being connected when avaliable.: Since i have update my iPhone 12pro to iOS 16.0.2, i am unable to connect to my office's wifi. It is pertinent to mention that SSID is hidden [...]"

-------

Troubleshooting iPad WiFi:

A. Delete a VPN:

VPN is a common a culprit. So, disconnect from it, unless required for work, school, and such.

B. Start Here: If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t Connect to a Wi-Fi Network - Apple Support

C. Clear Temporary Internet Files:

If Wifi is disconnecting, try clearing out your Temporary Internet FilesHistoryCache, and CookiesGo Here: Clear your Safari Browser History and Set Up Content Blockers on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

D. Report this to Apple:

Did you just update your device?

Do your part: Let Apple know what is going on here. Provide them with feedback on this. They may not get back to you directly, but the more feedback they received on this, the more they will know what is going on, and what needs to be fixed in updates to come.

1. Go Here: Feedback - iPad - Apple
  2. Comment: that it is after installing the update when the issue began
  3. Select: "Bug Report" for the "Feedback Type"
  4. Proceed from there aw necessary

Oct 8, 2022 9:55 PM in response to hasanraza483

hasanraza483 Said:

-------

Connecting to a Hidden Network:

A. Use the Correct Protocol:

Be certain when you enter the password that you are connecting using the correct protocol.

B. Talk to the Network Administrator:

If you cannot connect, the contact the Network Administrator. They may be able to assist in this.

iOS 16.0.2 - Hidden Wifi SSIDs ain't being connected when avaliable.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.