Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari bookmark folders missing on all devices

Some Safari bookmarks are gone from my devices, phone, iPad, mac pro, despite me never having deleted them.

Does anyone know why that happened or how I can recover them? on my mac there are no TimeMachine backups.

Seems like yet more iCloud gremlins.

iPad Pro, iPadOS 15

Posted on Oct 8, 2022 7:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 9, 2022 1:27 PM

Hey there Richard,

We'd like to help however we can, but this may be something for which you'll need to contact Apple Support due to it being unexpected behavior. Let's first rule out some possible causes:

1. While you mentioned not deleting them from any of your devices, if you share an Apple ID with someone else's devices, it is possible they could've deleted them. While it's something that is never recommended, do you share your Apple ID with anyone else, or even let other people use your own devices?
  2. As you mentioned not deleting them yourself, however unlikely it is, we still wanted to provide a link that shows what to do If you accidentally deleted your calendars, bookmarks, or contacts from iCloud.
  3. We see you have iPadOS 15, but the latest version is iPadOS 15.7. You can verify this within Settings > General > About. Here's a link that'll show how to first back up, then Update your iPhone or iPad.
  4. Sometimes unexpected behavior can be resolved with a restart: Restart your iPad

Cheers.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 9, 2022 1:27 PM in response to Richard2478

Hey there Richard,

We'd like to help however we can, but this may be something for which you'll need to contact Apple Support due to it being unexpected behavior. Let's first rule out some possible causes:

1. While you mentioned not deleting them from any of your devices, if you share an Apple ID with someone else's devices, it is possible they could've deleted them. While it's something that is never recommended, do you share your Apple ID with anyone else, or even let other people use your own devices?
  2. As you mentioned not deleting them yourself, however unlikely it is, we still wanted to provide a link that shows what to do If you accidentally deleted your calendars, bookmarks, or contacts from iCloud.
  3. We see you have iPadOS 15, but the latest version is iPadOS 15.7. You can verify this within Settings > General > About. Here's a link that'll show how to first back up, then Update your iPhone or iPad.
  4. Sometimes unexpected behavior can be resolved with a restart: Restart your iPad

Cheers.

Oct 9, 2022 3:43 PM in response to bruno75

Hey, thanks Bruno for your kind, helpful reply.

i don't share access to my devices so any glitches that have occurred are at my hands or the gremlins.

I'm not sure why my iPad hadn't auto-updated to the latest version, but I have done that now. I also went into iCloud.com and checked recover bookmarks, but the missing folder is not showing. So, curiously, it's gone and there's no record of it.

I have recreated it under a new name and the mysterious missing folder lurks somewhere in the strange void of cyberspace. Gone as if it never was.

Ah well, thanks again for taking the time to offer such helpful advice.

All the best

Richard

Safari bookmark folders missing on all devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.