Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how can i recover my photos in iphoto?

how can I recover my photos in iphoto on my laptop?

Posted on Oct 8, 2022 8:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 8, 2022 9:06 AM

Which system version is running on your Mac?

If you are running a system version, macOS 10.15 or later, that no longer is supporting iPhoto, you can open the iPhoto Library in Photos for Mac. Launch Photos, while holding down the options key ⌥, then select your iPhoto Library to open. By default the iPhoto Library will be in your Pictures folder. Photos will create a new Photos Library, showing your your iPhoto photos and albums.

If you get an error message, that Photos cannot open the iPhoto Library, you can launch Photos on a new library and then use the command "File > Import". Select the iPhoto Library for importing. This will show you the photos in the library - select the ones you want to import. Importing from another library is only supported in macOS 12 Monterey or later. Do not try it on an older system version, it might create a mess.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 8, 2022 9:06 AM in response to nanceg

Which system version is running on your Mac?

If you are running a system version, macOS 10.15 or later, that no longer is supporting iPhoto, you can open the iPhoto Library in Photos for Mac. Launch Photos, while holding down the options key ⌥, then select your iPhoto Library to open. By default the iPhoto Library will be in your Pictures folder. Photos will create a new Photos Library, showing your your iPhoto photos and albums.

If you get an error message, that Photos cannot open the iPhoto Library, you can launch Photos on a new library and then use the command "File > Import". Select the iPhoto Library for importing. This will show you the photos in the library - select the ones you want to import. Importing from another library is only supported in macOS 12 Monterey or later. Do not try it on an older system version, it might create a mess.

how can i recover my photos in iphoto?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.