Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I recover my photos on Iphoto that is no longer suported?

How do I Recover my photos on Iphoto that is no longer Suported?

iMac with Retina 5K display, macOS 10.15

Posted on Dec 21, 2019 11:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 21, 2019 12:31 PM

You can open the iPhoto Library in Photos. This will create a new library. from the iPhoto Library, and you can access all photos, videos, albums in this new library. Notes on Migrating an iPhoto Library from iPhoto to Photos for Mac

To open the iPhoto Library double-click it and select to open t in Photos. Or drag the iPhoto Library onto the Photos iCon in the Dock.

Alternately, hold down the options key ⌥ while double clicking the Photos icon. Then select the iPhoto Library in the library chooser dialog.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 21, 2019 12:31 PM in response to Maury1618

You can open the iPhoto Library in Photos. This will create a new library. from the iPhoto Library, and you can access all photos, videos, albums in this new library. Notes on Migrating an iPhoto Library from iPhoto to Photos for Mac

To open the iPhoto Library double-click it and select to open t in Photos. Or drag the iPhoto Library onto the Photos iCon in the Dock.

Alternately, hold down the options key ⌥ while double clicking the Photos icon. Then select the iPhoto Library in the library chooser dialog.

how do I recover my photos on Iphoto that is no longer suported?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.