Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Charging new watch series 8

Do I have to charge my new Apple Watch series 8 before use?

Apple Watch Series 8

Posted on Oct 8, 2022 10:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 7, 2022 6:51 AM

You likely didn't check when you ordered your watch, what is in the box. Had you done that, you'd have seen you get a charging puck (USB C), but no charging cube. Apple hasn't supplied chargers with Apple Watch or iPhone for the last few years now. This is all part of going green and with the assumption most people (like me) have a drawer full of chargers they could use.

Your options:

1. If you have a previous Apple Watch, you can use that charger
  2. If your computer has USB C, you can plug the cable into your computer
  3. If you have older charging cubes, which are standard USB A, you can buy a USB A to USB C Adapter
  4. Or, just buy yourself a 20w USB C charging plug from Apple or BestBuy or Staples or Amazon
4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 7, 2022 6:51 AM in response to a1490mnbbvcf

You likely didn't check when you ordered your watch, what is in the box. Had you done that, you'd have seen you get a charging puck (USB C), but no charging cube. Apple hasn't supplied chargers with Apple Watch or iPhone for the last few years now. This is all part of going green and with the assumption most people (like me) have a drawer full of chargers they could use.

Your options:

1. If you have a previous Apple Watch, you can use that charger
  2. If your computer has USB C, you can plug the cable into your computer
  3. If you have older charging cubes, which are standard USB A, you can buy a USB A to USB C Adapter
  4. Or, just buy yourself a 20w USB C charging plug from Apple or BestBuy or Staples or Amazon

Charging new watch series 8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.