You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

There is no autoplay (infinity) button on Apple Music

I want to turn autoplay off because music automatically turnjng on every time I put my Bluetooth earbuds in my ears is very annoying. Where did the autoplay button go?

iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 16

Posted on Oct 8, 2022 9:54 PM

1 reply

Oct 10, 2022 11:18 AM in response to Spring615

Hello Spring615,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities!

We want to make sure CarPlay is working as expected between your devices.

You can try these steps which might help resolve a software issue:

"Make sure that your iPhone has the latest version of iOS. If your iPhone is updated to the latest version of iOS, follow these steps — checking CarPlay after each step:

1. Check your connection to your CarPlay stereo:
    • If you have a wired connection, try connecting again with a different USB cable to a different USB port if you have one.
    • If you have a wireless connection, make sure that Wi-Fi and Bluetooth are enabled under Settings > Wi-Fi and Settings > Bluetooth.
  1. If CarPlay doesn't activate automatically, look for the CarPlay logo on your car's display.
  2. Restart your iPhone and your car. 
  3. Make sure that Siri is on.
  4. If your iPhone isn't detected by CarPlay, make sure that CarPlay isn't restricted. Go to Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions, tap Allowed Apps and make sure that CarPlay is enabled.
  5. Go to Settings > General > CarPlay, tap your car, then tap Forget This Car. Then set up CarPlay again.
  6. Make sure that your CarPlay stereo is using the latest firmware from the car manufacturer. Check your car's manual for more information.

If you still have issues connecting to CarPlay, contact Apple Support."

This Apple Support page has the full details: If you need help with CarPlay - Apple Support

You might also need to reach out to your vehicle manufacturer to see if your vehicle is updated or if there is another setting they can help with.

We hope this helps to get the music to not automatically play when connected.

Cheers!

There is no autoplay (infinity) button on Apple Music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.