Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone "forget this network" is not available in setting of wifi network. Where I can find it?

I have changed my password on the wireless router. To change it in the phone I tried to reach the settings at the router: (i) button next to the name. The settings do not contain "forget this network" but only "join this network". Now to delete the old password of THIS particular network

iPhone SE, iOS 15

Posted on Oct 9, 2022 1:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 9, 2022 10:10 AM

Solved. See solution below:

The option "forget this network" does not appear because the password is correct. Still, the iPhone couldn't access to the wi-fi SIM card based mobile router.

The problem with accessing the router was persisting due to the second security rule - filtering by Mac address.

Note! After updating the iOS (any Apple OS) to the newer one (since end of 2021) the option "private wi-fi address" appears and it is switched on by default. So adding the corresponding wi-fi address (the new one) to the router's list solved the problem. Keep the old one too for flexibility if you decide to switch off the option.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 9, 2022 10:10 AM in response to L_Dimov

Solved. See solution below:

The option "forget this network" does not appear because the password is correct. Still, the iPhone couldn't access to the wi-fi SIM card based mobile router.

The problem with accessing the router was persisting due to the second security rule - filtering by Mac address.

Note! After updating the iOS (any Apple OS) to the newer one (since end of 2021) the option "private wi-fi address" appears and it is switched on by default. So adding the corresponding wi-fi address (the new one) to the router's list solved the problem. Keep the old one too for flexibility if you decide to switch off the option.

iPhone "forget this network" is not available in setting of wifi network. Where I can find it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.