Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Making phone calls from my MacBook Pro

I used to be able to call friends that were not Apple users, but no longer can. I still can call anyone who has an iPhone without it defaulting to FaceTime audio, but others go to FaceTime audio. Those calls sound like they are connecting, but all they do is ring, and the person I am calling doesn't receive the call. Anyone know how I can get my non Apple friends phones accessible again? Thanks in advance for your help.

PS. I have checked that both phone and computer are set correctly in date and time and I have restarted both.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Oct 9, 2022 12:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 9, 2022 12:14 PM

Not sure if this helps but googling "can I make a FaceTime call to Android" I got this:

As of September 2021, FaceTime is available on Android. However, you won't find a FaceTime app available for download on the Google Play Store or Microsoft Store. Instead, someone with an Apple device needs to create a link to invite you to a FaceTime call.

Is the above something you've yet to try?

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 9, 2022 12:14 PM in response to MsDily

Not sure if this helps but googling "can I make a FaceTime call to Android" I got this:

As of September 2021, FaceTime is available on Android. However, you won't find a FaceTime app available for download on the Google Play Store or Microsoft Store. Instead, someone with an Apple device needs to create a link to invite you to a FaceTime call.

Is the above something you've yet to try?

Making phone calls from my MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.