Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

junk email

Many emails end up in junk folder on my iPad. How do I stop this from happening. I have not set up any junk rules and some of the senders are in my contacts . I never know when I get them in junk so I have to check the folder instead of just checking my inbox. This is very frustrating. I have the latest update installed---version 15.9. Please advise/help etc. Thanks

iPad, iPadOS 14

Posted on Oct 9, 2022 8:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 10, 2022 7:34 AM

Sometimes email may be misrouted to your Junk folder for a variety of reasons - these often being the automatic “smarts” of your email provider and/or your iPad recognising content or patterns that might be indicative of Junk/spam messaging.

If an email is misidentified as Junk, simply move/drag the misidentified mail email to your Inbox - and the algorithm(s) will learn. Moving misidentified mail may have to be repeated more than once, but generally, the algorithm will improve its judgement based upon your input.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 10, 2022 7:34 AM in response to Imacquest

Sometimes email may be misrouted to your Junk folder for a variety of reasons - these often being the automatic “smarts” of your email provider and/or your iPad recognising content or patterns that might be indicative of Junk/spam messaging.

If an email is misidentified as Junk, simply move/drag the misidentified mail email to your Inbox - and the algorithm(s) will learn. Moving misidentified mail may have to be repeated more than once, but generally, the algorithm will improve its judgement based upon your input.

junk email

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.