Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Importing CD's

I am trying to import some brand new CD's into my Music (iTunes) and it won't import all the songs but will eject the CD like it has imported them all. I even bought a new Apple USB superdrive and it still does not import the whole CD. WTF????

iMac 21.5″ 4K, macOS 12.6

Posted on Oct 10, 2022 8:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 10, 2022 11:18 AM

Importer,

Have you followed this classic advice from Apple? " If the “Use error correction when reading Audio CDs” checkbox isn’t selected, select it. If it’s already selected, deselect it."

See additional suggestion in this guide: Import songs from CDs into Music on Mac - Apple Support

Also, if the problem is only affecting one or certain CDs, the issue may be in the CD itself.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 10, 2022 11:18 AM in response to CDimporter

Importer,

Have you followed this classic advice from Apple? " If the “Use error correction when reading Audio CDs” checkbox isn’t selected, select it. If it’s already selected, deselect it."

See additional suggestion in this guide: Import songs from CDs into Music on Mac - Apple Support

Also, if the problem is only affecting one or certain CDs, the issue may be in the CD itself.

Importing CD's

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.