Newsroom Update

Updates to the Home experience elevate entertainment and bring more convenience. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV plus in two homes

I have Apple TV plus in one home of mine on an Xfinity box. Then at my other on my Xbox series x. But it tells me I have to log in each time I try to use them. I heard it’s for 6 connections or something. What gives?

Posted on Oct 11, 2022 2:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 11, 2022 12:15 PM

You may install the Apple TV app on a probably unlimited number of devices, and use it on any of them as you please. There is however a limit for simultaneous streams. For Apple TV+ content, that limit is 6.

If you don’t stay signed in somehow, that may be an app issue or device issue, specific to your setup or configuration, unrelated to the above.. That wouldn’t happen for most users.

Try resetting the Apple TV app.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 11, 2022 12:15 PM in response to Daniel Moilanen

You may install the Apple TV app on a probably unlimited number of devices, and use it on any of them as you please. There is however a limit for simultaneous streams. For Apple TV+ content, that limit is 6.

If you don’t stay signed in somehow, that may be an app issue or device issue, specific to your setup or configuration, unrelated to the above.. That wouldn’t happen for most users.

Try resetting the Apple TV app.

Oct 11, 2022 12:44 PM in response to Urquhart1244

Then how is it asking me to log in and verify me then? I set it up first on the Xfinity dvr. Then went home and set up Xbox. Used it on Xbox. Opened on Xfinity dvr and had to log in and verify me with the code. Worked ok. Back home opened the app on Xbox and had to sign in again.

there is no way to reset the app. Not that I know of. There’s no settings on Xfinity dvr. It’s just an app.

I think this is in home network only. Otherwise why would it behave this way? This behavior is exactly like it’s limited to in house only.

im guessing though for this.

Apple TV plus in two homes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.