Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 12 text to MacBook Air.

I had set up my MacBook Air to receive text messages from my phone and now it is not receiving them. How do I correct this?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Oct 11, 2022 7:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 11, 2022 7:47 AM

You need to use the same Apple ID on both devices.

1. Set up text message forwarding
    1. On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive. On your Mac, open Messages, choose Messages > Preferences, then click iMessage. Make sure that you're signed in to iMessage with the same Apple ID on all your devices.
    2. On your iPhone, go to Settings > Messages > Text Message Forwarding.*
    3. Choose which devices can send and receive text messages from your iPhone. If you're not using two-factor authentication for your Apple ID, a verification code appears on each of your other devices: enter that code on your iPhone.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 11, 2022 7:47 AM in response to 313three49three395

You need to use the same Apple ID on both devices.

1. Set up text message forwarding
    1. On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive. On your Mac, open Messages, choose Messages > Preferences, then click iMessage. Make sure that you're signed in to iMessage with the same Apple ID on all your devices.
    2. On your iPhone, go to Settings > Messages > Text Message Forwarding.*
    3. Choose which devices can send and receive text messages from your iPhone. If you're not using two-factor authentication for your Apple ID, a verification code appears on each of your other devices: enter that code on your iPhone.

iPhone 12 text to MacBook Air.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.