Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

where is the page with the Mac OS Catalina 10.15.7

As of today 10/11/2022, FINDER is absent on my iMac running Catalina 10.15.7

I have tried various fixes, spend half an hour this morning on the phone with an Apple tech and he couldn't fix it

I have external hard drives which I am on now, with a working Mojave 10.14.6 and thought that i could download the installer for Catalina 10.15.7 and reinstall it on the iMac internal hard drive or the backup hard drive to which I back up with Carbon Copy Cloner.

I did start up from be backup, which was operation correctly yesterday but it also shows an absent Finder

iMac, OS X 10.11

Posted on Oct 11, 2022 3:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 11, 2022 4:13 PM

You can download Catalina from here: How to download macOS - Apple Support

4 replies

Oct 12, 2022 12:48 PM in response to Luis Sequeira1

The Finder is not active. I did a search with a security app on the active OS Mojave and in the list of Applications, Finder has a circle with a slash through it. So with my 37 years of using Macs, this tells me the Finder is not operating on the internal hard drive running Catalina and the same thing on the bootable back up volume on one of my external hard drives. The link to the upgrade to Catalina does not have a working download just as it didn’t in August when a helpful Apple tech found an active working download and emailed me the link. UNFORTUNATELY that email that I carefully saved in on the affected Catalina backup drive.

Oct 12, 2022 1:34 PM in response to atoughgranof3

You already have the download page for Catalina and other versions in the post by dialabrain above.

You confirm that Finder is there - though somehow your system has been corrupted and Finder is not working.

I don’t know what “security software” you mean. The easy way to search would be using Spotlight.

I hope you are able to get a working Catalina. At this point I wonder if your problems may have to do with a failing drive.

where is the page with the Mac OS Catalina 10.15.7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.