Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i ran the update several times each time it just restarts and asks to update again

i keep trying to update it, doesnt work, any help is appreciated

MacBook Air

Posted on Oct 11, 2022 5:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 12, 2022 5:25 PM

Hello, piyushspatel13.

Let's start off by checking the helpful steps in this article that was linked to your posting which can help with this issue: Update macOS on Mac - Apple Support. This article walks you through the steps to update your Mac operating system. If you run into issues while following those steps, these articles can help:

1. If your Mac starts up to an Apple logo or progress bar - Apple Support
    2. If an error occurred while updating or installing macOS - Apple Support

Let us know if we can help with anything else at all or if this doesn't settle your issue so we can look into this further with you. Thanks and have a fabulous day!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 12, 2022 5:25 PM in response to piyushspatel13

Hello, piyushspatel13.

Let's start off by checking the helpful steps in this article that was linked to your posting which can help with this issue: Update macOS on Mac - Apple Support. This article walks you through the steps to update your Mac operating system. If you run into issues while following those steps, these articles can help:

1. If your Mac starts up to an Apple logo or progress bar - Apple Support
    2. If an error occurred while updating or installing macOS - Apple Support

Let us know if we can help with anything else at all or if this doesn't settle your issue so we can look into this further with you. Thanks and have a fabulous day!

Oct 12, 2022 6:08 PM in response to Gena_D

I took the laptop in for service at white plains apple store in ny.. they said that due to the laptop being an older model, 2019 macbook 19, there were multiple updates that needed to occur to go from majove to monterey. thank you for your input.

if you have an older macbook that is a couple os's behind take it in to the apple store if updating doesnt work. they can update it there for you. it will save you several hours of work haha

i ran the update several times each time it just restarts and asks to update again

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.