Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to get the latest version of FCP for my operating system

Hey everyone, i currently have my IMAC running Catalina 10.15.7 and I believe this is the latest OS I can install on my computer being that it is a 2015 IMAC. I also have FCP 10.4.6 on this computer. I downloaded the software Dehancer as they've asked me to make a review on their software. The minimum requirement is FCP 10.5.4 or higher. I have checked and it seems that my OS can run 10.5.4 but in the apple store it doesn't give me the option to download the latest version of FCP because FCP is currently at 10.6 and is not compatible with my OS due to the computer being from 2015. How can I get the 10.5.4 version? Thank you in advance

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 11, 2022 9:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 12, 2022 3:45 AM

To elaborate a bit on the previous post:

1) In the App Store, click Updates. You should see Final Cut Pro there, and the version should be 10.5.4 - that's is the highest you can go in Catalina.

2) If you can't see it in Updates:

2a) drag FCP to the trash, but don't empty it yet

2b) in the App Store, click on your account at the bottom left

2c) locate FCP in the list of your purchased software on the right, and click the download icon.

2d) a dialog will appear telling you that the current version (which is 10.6.4 at the moment) is not compatible, and asking if you want to get the most recent one that works in your OS. Confirm.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 12, 2022 3:45 AM in response to afinmov

To elaborate a bit on the previous post:

1) In the App Store, click Updates. You should see Final Cut Pro there, and the version should be 10.5.4 - that's is the highest you can go in Catalina.

2) If you can't see it in Updates:

2a) drag FCP to the trash, but don't empty it yet

2b) in the App Store, click on your account at the bottom left

2c) locate FCP in the list of your purchased software on the right, and click the download icon.

2d) a dialog will appear telling you that the current version (which is 10.6.4 at the moment) is not compatible, and asking if you want to get the most recent one that works in your OS. Confirm.

How to get the latest version of FCP for my operating system

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.