Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music Sync

Hi

I am still running Mojave, that will change, but when logging it not. iTunes , I attached USB but the function to sync music by artist etc.. has gone

It just has the message iCloud music library on - so I cannot no longer sync all my old CDS to my iPhone

They are on my iPhone and happily play when I have mobile data on etc... but to play now ...like on a plane... the only way I can download them...is to do it album by album on my phone

I can manually upload any films have etc... but the old music settings as shown.. have gone ...or is there another way please

iPhone XS Max

Posted on Oct 12, 2022 2:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 12, 2022 3:42 AM

When you have a subscription to either Apple Music or iTunes Match the general idea is that you enable Sync Library AKA iCloud Music Library in both your computer and device. That way all of your music, and any changes you make to metadata and playlists, can sync between them through the cloud. As part of this workflow there is no need to sync music using iTunes or Music/Finder in Catalina or later. It is possible, while on Wi-Fi, to take any selection of content, e.g. an album, artist, or playlist, and download for offline use, such that you don't have to rely on streaming to access those tracks when you are away from Wi-Fi service. See the three dot ellipsis menus on your phone.

tt2

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 12, 2022 3:42 AM in response to NJH007

When you have a subscription to either Apple Music or iTunes Match the general idea is that you enable Sync Library AKA iCloud Music Library in both your computer and device. That way all of your music, and any changes you make to metadata and playlists, can sync between them through the cloud. As part of this workflow there is no need to sync music using iTunes or Music/Finder in Catalina or later. It is possible, while on Wi-Fi, to take any selection of content, e.g. an album, artist, or playlist, and download for offline use, such that you don't have to rely on streaming to access those tracks when you are away from Wi-Fi service. See the three dot ellipsis menus on your phone.

tt2

Music Sync

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.