Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch Series 3 won’t pair without update and can’t update

Hello,

after buying a new iPhone 11 I had to reset my Apple Watch series 3 8 GB. When I try to pair it with my iPhone, it requires an update. After the download is finished, I either get the message “unable to verify update. The watchOS update couldn’t be verified because you are not connected to the Internet” or it is stuck on ‘preparing’.

now I can’t do anything, and can’t use the watch because it’s not paired and can’t pair it because it’s not updated.

I tried restarting both my iPhone and my Apple Watch.

my iPhone runs iOS 16.0.2

and my watch used to be on watchOS 7.3 I think

my Apple Watch is connected to charger and it’s close to my iPhone

the update is 8.7.1. and says 1.1 GB to download

they said to free some space on the Apple Watch but it’s already unpaired and reset

please help me, I’m desperate

Apple Watch Series 3, watchOS 7

Posted on Oct 12, 2022 4:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 12, 2022 4:34 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

Apple Watch Series 3 won’t pair without update and can’t update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.