Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

will my apple watch still work on my iphone if I pair a family member's apple watch

If I use Family Setup for a family member who has their own apple watch (cellular version) but not their own iphone, will I still be able to use my watch with my iphone or will my iphone not allow two watches - my watch and my family member's watch - to be on my iphone?

Apple Watch Series 7

Posted on Oct 12, 2022 9:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 12, 2022 9:12 AM

You will still be able to use your watch as well as the family members watch;

Set up an Apple Watch for a family member

3 replies

Oct 12, 2022 9:15 AM in response to Community User

Thank you! Might you also know whether, when a call comes into my phone and my watch, it will also come into the family member's watch? I am wondering the same about text messages. That is, are messages and calls synced across both watches and the phone in this case or would the family member's messages and calls be private/separate from my watch and my phone?

Oct 12, 2022 9:20 AM in response to roguesoccer

It requires an administrator in the household with an iPhone which will be you, but once it's set up, the watch will get its own phone number and be able to send and receive texts and calls with no iPhone connected.

will my apple watch still work on my iphone if I pair a family member's apple watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.