Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transferring ipads

My sons iPad is very old and my husband agreed to let him have his iPad that he doesn’t use anymore. I would like to take all of my sons stuff on his iPad and transfer it to my husbands. Including the Apple ID and password. My son has his own Apple ID and pass. All the info I’ve found tells how to transfer old iPad to new. This isn’t a new iPad necessarily. We just want yo transfer to a new name. Help please!

iPad Air Wi-Fi

Posted on Oct 12, 2022 11:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 12, 2022 11:39 AM

First do the following on the husbands iPad: What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Then use one of the following methods: Transfer data from your previous iOS or iPadOS device to your new iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Note that even though it isn't new, you are setting it up as if it was new.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 12, 2022 11:39 AM in response to WarlickWarlick

First do the following on the husbands iPad: What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Then use one of the following methods: Transfer data from your previous iOS or iPadOS device to your new iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Note that even though it isn't new, you are setting it up as if it was new.

Transferring ipads

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.