Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud files

I was checking to see if my computer is back up to iCloud. I found that it is and I saw the storage bar. How can I go to the list of files that iCloud has. Thanks

"So many clicks, so little time." TMark

iMac 21.5″ 4K, macOS 11.6

Posted on Oct 12, 2022 1:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 12, 2022 2:12 PM

On your Mac open Finder and look at the folder(s) in the iCloud section of the sidebar or use the Finder "Go" menu to open the iCloud Drive folder.

You can also use an internet browser and log into www.icloud.com

Also note that Apple offers iCloud Backup for iPhones and iPads but not for Mac computers. It is possible to sync data from a Mac to iCloud if you turn on those options (e.g., iCloud Photos, iCloud Drive including the Desktop & Documents option). Syncing has some of the benefits of a backup (and the benefit of being offsite) but is not the same as a backup. Major differences include the fact that not everything on your Mac can be synced and the fact that if you delete something, accidentally or otherwise, there is only a limited time period (30 days in most cases) during which it can be recovered.

Also see: How to back up your Mac - Official Apple Support

And more information on syncing in:

Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support

and

Access and manage your files in iCloud Drive - Apple Support

and

Add your Desktop and Documents files to iCloud Drive - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 12, 2022 2:12 PM in response to RLarkin18

On your Mac open Finder and look at the folder(s) in the iCloud section of the sidebar or use the Finder "Go" menu to open the iCloud Drive folder.

You can also use an internet browser and log into www.icloud.com

Also note that Apple offers iCloud Backup for iPhones and iPads but not for Mac computers. It is possible to sync data from a Mac to iCloud if you turn on those options (e.g., iCloud Photos, iCloud Drive including the Desktop & Documents option). Syncing has some of the benefits of a backup (and the benefit of being offsite) but is not the same as a backup. Major differences include the fact that not everything on your Mac can be synced and the fact that if you delete something, accidentally or otherwise, there is only a limited time period (30 days in most cases) during which it can be recovered.

Also see: How to back up your Mac - Official Apple Support

And more information on syncing in:

Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support

and

Access and manage your files in iCloud Drive - Apple Support

and

Add your Desktop and Documents files to iCloud Drive - Apple Support

iCloud files

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.