Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari auto complete favours apple maps over google!

I've never used the online version of Apple Maps. We have an app for that!

For years, I've used maps.google.com and Safari has always auto completed this for me as soon as I start to type maps.

However recently, it autocompletes with maps.apple.com and this is not what I want.

I'm assuming I cannot disable this, or remove apple maps from the autocomplete?

Will this be another hit piece for competition commissions all over the world?

Poor show Apple.

Posted on Oct 13, 2022 11:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 13, 2022 11:53 AM

Safari's Search bar "autocomplete" feature draws its information from your browsing history and bookmarks. Reset Safari's history and / or stored data by following these instructions:

Clear your browsing history in Safari on Mac - Apple Support

Manage cookies and website data in Safari on Mac

8 replies

Dec 1, 2022 10:35 PM in response to Dazzler J

I agree Apple definitely favors its own maps. I finally figured out why it sometimes takes me there: if you type in a search term for some place in the address bar and click the top suggestion, that's often an Apple Maps link. From that point on, Apple Maps becomes the favored autocomplete until you remove that one link from your history. It doesn't matter if you go to Google Maps 10 times after that, it still autocompletes to Apple Maps as long as that one link is in your history.

Safari auto complete favours apple maps over google!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.