Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If my MacBook Air is stolen and it is factory reset will I still be able to lock or locate it?

If my MacBook Air is stolen and it is factory reset will I still be able to lock or locate it?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Oct 13, 2022 1:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 13, 2022 1:15 PM

No. If it's factory reset before you lock it, then you've missed your opportunity.

Remote/activation lock is tied to your AppleID account, so the OS needs to be able to connect to Apple in order to lock the system because if it's factory reset then it's no longer attached to your AppleID and can't. be locked.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 13, 2022 1:15 PM in response to WarriorIT

No. If it's factory reset before you lock it, then you've missed your opportunity.

Remote/activation lock is tied to your AppleID account, so the OS needs to be able to connect to Apple in order to lock the system because if it's factory reset then it's no longer attached to your AppleID and can't. be locked.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.