Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What is the point of buying 2tb of iCloud storage if my iPhone keeps running out of storage anyway?

What is the point of buying 2tb of iCloud storage if my iPhone & iPad keep running out of storage anyway? My devices are messaging that nothing is currently being backed up due to lack of storage?? I read on a previous thread that if you delete photos on either iOs device or iCloud - the photo is deleted in both places? So how do I offload photos from my devices to make room then?

I realize they are separate things, but how do I make the 2tb of storage worth having? For what am I using the 2tb of storage?

Yes, I have checked iCloud photos and Optimize storage.

iPad Air 4 Wi-Fi

Posted on Oct 13, 2022 1:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 13, 2022 1:25 PM

richbadgerfan wrote:
So how do I offload photos from my devices to make room then?

You can transfer the pictures to your computer.

Transfer photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your Mac or PC - Apple Support

I realize they are separate things, but how do I make the 2tb of storage worth having? For what am I using the 2tb of storage?

I use the space to sync my files from my Mac to iCloud. When I started working from home, it made it much easier to access documents in different places.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 13, 2022 1:25 PM in response to richbadgerfan

richbadgerfan wrote:
So how do I offload photos from my devices to make room then?

You can transfer the pictures to your computer.

Transfer photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your Mac or PC - Apple Support

I use the space to sync my files from my Mac to iCloud. When I started working from home, it made it much easier to access documents in different places.

What is the point of buying 2tb of iCloud storage if my iPhone keeps running out of storage anyway?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.