Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to connect to external monitor

I am using iPad 9 and have usb c typ to lightning cable. I have have a monitor which has usb c type input. I am unable to connect my iPad to monitor

Posted on Oct 13, 2022 7:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 14, 2022 4:42 AM

Correct. Your iPad9 has a Lightning port - and therefore does not support DisplayPort (or more precisely, DP Alternate Mode). The Lightning port does, however, support connection to an monitor’s HDMI Interface using an appropriate Lightning to HDMI adapter.

For iPad, DP Alternate Mode is currently only supported by the fifth generation iPad Pro models.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 14, 2022 4:42 AM in response to hemavathi163

Correct. Your iPad9 has a Lightning port - and therefore does not support DisplayPort (or more precisely, DP Alternate Mode). The Lightning port does, however, support connection to an monitor’s HDMI Interface using an appropriate Lightning to HDMI adapter.

For iPad, DP Alternate Mode is currently only supported by the fifth generation iPad Pro models.

Unable to connect to external monitor

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.