Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Suspicious System App Icon

Can anybody identify what this app icon is, what it’s purpose is and how to get rid of it and all connected to it.

Information I have found is it is an Apple App Template for app developers to build their app upon.

I am not an app developer, nor did I authorise any developer to undertake any work in this phone as they have done without my concent, as follows;

”You have a developer undertaking maintenance in your phone”, or something of the like was written under a sub heading in settings.

Now this app icon takes all forms, and have narrowed it down in various apps/locations;

• Background App Refresh ( these pics)

• Recently Deleted Apps (large amount of data & battery use on an ongoing basis, not of my use)

• Voicememos (I offloaded this app, though option was still available. When both this option and “Delete App” was selected it would go through the process and immediately return, unsuccessful. Apple staff were shocked at this.

• Various other possible apps

I am the target of a serious criminal hit for reasons totally unknown, whereby all online identity/security/privacy has been seriously comprimised for in excess of 2 years causing extreme destruction to me and my young families life. It is an insidious, incessive and calous act and I plead for any assistance.

iPhone 13 Pro Max, 16

Posted on Oct 13, 2022 8:23 PM

3 replies

Oct 13, 2022 8:44 PM in response to Reefhunter

Hello,

There is no need to worry. This is just an app that your iPhone software uses that cannot be deleted. It's included by default and is not malicious in any way.

Although if you need to contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security, you can do so here: Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security - Apple Support

Thanks for reaching out!

-Drake

Oct 13, 2022 11:07 PM in response to drake211

I visited Apple.

They were shocked when Voicememos wouldnt delete.

And a senior staff member warned me to be careful on my endeavour.

The kernel in this device has been severely corrupted, as has several devices of varying brands I own.

That app has shown up in locations of concern.

I am not certain what its purpose would normally be, and why would it be in Background Refresh??

It’s a system app, or posing as such and is not trusted in my case.

This is not your ordinary cyber attack, it’s top level.

Thank you for your reply.

Oct 14, 2022 4:26 PM in response to Reefhunter

I am the target of a serious criminal hit for reasons totally unknown, whereby all online identity/security/privacy has been seriously comprimised for in excess of 2 years causing extreme destruction to me and my young families life. It is an insidious, incessive and calous act and I plead for any assistance.

To be very blunt, anything involving serious criminal activities, and anything involving malicious activities, already directly involving Apple, and anything with exploits ongoing for two years is not, and will not be resolved here.

No information you might acquire here will provide the depth of troubleshooting and forensics assistance remotely approaching what would be warranted for a “top level” “cyber attack”.

This is centrally a civil or criminal matter, and a matter best pursued with local police or legal assistance, and with direct forensic assistance.

For the specific case shown, that’s (also) the busted-app-icon icon, which also appears for Apple apps in some contexts. I use that same icon as my avatar around here. The icon I’m using here was acquired from an Apple app built into iPadOS.

But again, a “top level” “cyber attack” that’s been ongoing for two years cannot and will not be addressed here, as you’ve undoubtedly already gotten all of the advice that could reasonably be provided here.

Suspicious System App Icon

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.