Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Random app on my iphone?

So I found an app on my phone named “connect” that was a blue icon with a plug on it, the type of plug you can connect to a wall and it was white. As soon as I opened the app it asked me to put in my apple id, the man at at&t said he has never seen that app on an iphone before. By any chance would that app come with my phone? or was it placed in my phone so someone could monitor me?

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Feb 8, 2023 5:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 8, 2023 5:38 PM

bobcat2023 wrote:

By any chance would that app come with my phone?

No. Built in Apple apps do not include one named connect.

or was it placed in my phone so someone could monitor me?

Unlikely. Why would anyone want to monitor you? And why would they install something as obvious as an app you can see for that purpose?

If you setup this iphone from a backup pf an older one, its an app you installed and was just brought over.

Why you installed it only you can say.

Easiest way to identify it, is to tap and hold on it on the homescreen, and tap on Share App from the menu, then tap on copy. Open a web browser, and paste it in the address bar, and tap on enter / return. It should then open the app entry in the app store so you can see what its for exactly.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 8, 2023 5:38 PM in response to bobcat2023

bobcat2023 wrote:

By any chance would that app come with my phone?

No. Built in Apple apps do not include one named connect.

or was it placed in my phone so someone could monitor me?

Unlikely. Why would anyone want to monitor you? And why would they install something as obvious as an app you can see for that purpose?

If you setup this iphone from a backup pf an older one, its an app you installed and was just brought over.

Why you installed it only you can say.

Easiest way to identify it, is to tap and hold on it on the homescreen, and tap on Share App from the menu, then tap on copy. Open a web browser, and paste it in the address bar, and tap on enter / return. It should then open the app entry in the app store so you can see what its for exactly.

Feb 9, 2023 11:53 AM in response to bobcat2023

If its been deleted, then it's no longer on your iPhone to be found.

However, it should be in your purchase history at the very least.

You can open the App Store App, tap on your user profile at the top right corner, then on Purchased, then on My Purchases. It should be there, assuming it was obtained with the same Apple ID you are using now.

Random app on my iphone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.