Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is it possible to change the Media & Purchases Apple ID in Monterey?

For legacy reasons my Apple ID for Media & Purchases is not my iCloud Apple ID.

On iOS I know how to log out of just the Media & Purchases Apple ID and login with a different one (Yes, I know the problems this causes.)

On macOS I don't think it's possible. I think if I sign out of iCloud completely I might be able to set a new one Apple ID for Media & Purchases (I'd like to use my current iCloud AppleID for Media & Purchases.)

Signing out of iCloud is very disruptive though, so I don't want to do it unless someone can say it works.

Posted on Oct 13, 2022 8:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 14, 2022 5:22 AM

Found it. Unlike iOS, where it's clear how to do this, it's hidden away in Monterey. I found the method buried in this Apple support article - If you can't find your family's shared content - Apple Support

On your Mac

Open the App Store.

In the menu bar, choose Store > Sign Out.

In the menu bar, choose Store > Sign In.

Sign in with the same Apple ID that you use for Family Sharing.

I hope that Apple moves this to the Preferences/Settings in Ventura.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 14, 2022 5:22 AM in response to jfaughnan

Found it. Unlike iOS, where it's clear how to do this, it's hidden away in Monterey. I found the method buried in this Apple support article - If you can't find your family's shared content - Apple Support

On your Mac

Open the App Store.

In the menu bar, choose Store > Sign Out.

In the menu bar, choose Store > Sign In.

Sign in with the same Apple ID that you use for Family Sharing.

I hope that Apple moves this to the Preferences/Settings in Ventura.

Oct 14, 2022 8:33 AM in response to jfaughnan

Apple doesn’t routinely monitor the discussions. These are mostly user to user discussions.

If you want to, you can send Apple feedback. They won't answer, but at least will know there is a problem or a suggestion for change. If enough people send feedback, it may get the problem/suggested change solved sooner. Pick the closest topic you can find.

Click here to send Feedback   -

Nov 12, 2022 8:33 AM in response to jfaughnan

Under Ventura (for those who find this article first) you have to change your accounts for Application Purchase and Music Purchases under the relevant application (App Store / Music Player. Once you log in under the relevant application you will see the change reflected in the Settings / iCloud Account / Media and Purchases.

Is it possible to change the Media & Purchases Apple ID in Monterey?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.