Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Find and Replace on specific numbers sheet

I have a workbook in numbers with multiple sheets, when I do a find and replace it replaces matching information on all sheets instead of just the one I am working in.

Example.

Sheets, 2 and 3 have the information 10/DD and I only want to replace 10/DD on sheet one with 11/DD. but when I do a find and replace it replaces 10/DD on all three sheets.

How do I get it to replace just one sheet and not the whole workbook?

Posted on Oct 14, 2022 1:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 14, 2022 3:06 AM

One option is to "Lock" all tables on sheets 2 & 3.

Format > Arrange

Select all tables on these sheets and then select "Lock", after the text is replaced you can unlock them again.

Find and Replace will change only the not locked tables.

You can also "Hide" specific columns / rows, then Find and Replace will ignore them.

Hope this will solve your question, please let me know if this worked for you or if something in unclear.

Regards Ralf

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 14, 2022 3:06 AM in response to demetriusfromdarien

One option is to "Lock" all tables on sheets 2 & 3.

Format > Arrange

Select all tables on these sheets and then select "Lock", after the text is replaced you can unlock them again.

Find and Replace will change only the not locked tables.

You can also "Hide" specific columns / rows, then Find and Replace will ignore them.

Hope this will solve your question, please let me know if this worked for you or if something in unclear.

Regards Ralf

Find and Replace on specific numbers sheet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.