Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 13 microphone Problem during video calls

Hi guys,

I am Devamsh and I have been facing issues with my iPhone 13 during video calls. Whenever I talk with someone on speaker (WhatsApp, FaceTime, Telegram, etc) then the other person complaints of low volume voice. There is no issue with the network or wifi because I tried the same on my iPad and other iPhone (6s Plus) and also on my other android phones (Oneplus 8, Xiomi K20 Pro) and it is working perfectly fine on those devices. I purchased my phone around 10 days back and since then I have been facing this issue. My ios at that time was 16.0.2 and now I have upgraded it to 16.0.3 in the hope of fix but nothing has been done. I have seen many iPhone 13 users complaining about the same and have even taken there phone to service stations but are not able to reproduce this issue. I have tried to even Complete format my device and even tried to downgrade it but nothing works. Does anyone know any fix for the same? (Have also tried changing the mic from standard to mic isolation but it works randomly and then again the sound becomes extremely low for the receiver). Apple please look forward towards this issue or if anyone has any solution for the same please reply.

iPhone 13, iOS 16

Posted on Oct 14, 2022 6:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 15, 2022 1:34 PM

Hi DevamshArora,

You have tried really good troubleshooting steps, thank you for sharing those with us. At this point, we want to recommend reaching out to Apple Support by going to Get Support. They may have additional steps or information about this behavior they can share with you.

Take care!

Similar questions

1 reply

iPhone 13 microphone Problem during video calls

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.