Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airport Time Capsule

Since I have a new provider I cannot connect with my Airport Time Capsule base station. It is not recognized in my Airport configuration program on my MacBook or app on my IPhone.

What went wrong and how do I restore the connection. My Tome machine backups and my music are on the Time Capsule

Posted on Oct 14, 2022 6:17 AM

6 replies

Oct 18, 2022 2:11 PM in response to annemieke197

Absolutely. This indicates that the router settings on the Time Capsule are not correct. Try a "shortcut" method to see if that will get things going again.

Open AirPort Utility using the "old" network

Click on the Time Capsule to select it

Click Edit in the smaller window that appears

Click the Network tab at the top of the next window

Change the setting for Router Mode from DHCP and NAT to Off (Bridge Mode)

Click the Update button at the bottom of the window and give the Time Capsule a full minute to restart

Then, restart your Mac

If the "shortcut" method does not work, then it will be time to reset the Time Capsule back to factory default settings and then set it up again from scratch.

Oct 14, 2022 9:18 AM in response to annemieke197

What went wrong

A guess would be that your Time Capsule was programmed to work with your "old" modem. If your new provider has supplied you with a new modem, the Time Capsule does not know this. It is still looking for your "old" modem, and it cannot not find it.....because it is no longer there......in effect, the Time Capsule is now "lost", because it cannot find its way and does not know what to do.

The solution is to reset the Time Capsule back to its default settings.......so it will "forget" the old settings that it used to connect to your "old" modem. Then, it can be programmed with the "new" settings that it needs to connect to your "new" modem.

If this sounds like it makes sense to you, and you need more help getting things set up correctly again, post back for more details. it would really help if you could provide the make and model number of your "new" modem, so we will know more about the settings that the Time Capsule will need.

Oct 18, 2022 12:28 PM in response to Bob Timmons

This is the situation:

My new modem Sagemcom 5GHz, recognized the Airport Time Capsule, it has the right IP adress etc. The connection is excellent 1Gbit/s. But I cannot reach the data on the Time Capsule. If I open the Airport Configuration program it shows no devices.

If I open the 'old' network I can see in the configuration in the Airport programme my device Airport Time Capsule, with it's new IP adress. Status: double use of NAT. Maybe that is the problem? The old network does not support internet or email.

I tried to rename my new network to the old network, but that didn't work. It gave me more problems.

I tried to reset the Airport, soft reset and hard reset. That did not help.

How can I reach my data?

Thanks for your help!

Airport Time Capsule

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.