Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Laggy time lapse recording after updating to IOS 16

I recently got my iphone 13 pro and whenever I try to shoot time lapse and put the phone down, the screen started lagging. I already tried troubleshooting the phone like closing all apps running in the background, restarting the phone and even trying to long press the screen until the AE Lock pop up but it never changed. It started when I updated to IOS 16.

Posted on Oct 14, 2022 9:03 AM

3 replies

Oct 15, 2022 2:54 PM in response to v-pro_user

Hello v-pro_user,

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities!

Do you only seem to experience this issue when shooting time lapse footage or do you see something similar when shooting other video as well?

Are you using the built-in Camera app or a third-party app?

Are you currently running the latest version of iOS 16? If you're not sure, these steps can help you check: Update your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

This information can help us get a better understanding of what may be happening.

Cheers!

Oct 15, 2022 6:40 PM in response to v-pro_user

v-pro_user,

Thanks for providing us that information. Just to clarify, let's ensure that your iPhone is running iOS 16.0.3. Having the latest iOS version helps to provide software improvements that may help. You can check by going to Settings > General > Software Update.

If that doesn't help, we recommend to contact Apple Support to review this further. You can contact them through this link here: Apple Support

Kind regards.

Laggy time lapse recording after updating to IOS 16

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.