Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Disbaled iPhone

Hi, I have an earlier iPhone 8 that has been replaced with a newer iPhone. There is no sim card. I am simply trying to get it working so I can just use it as a camera. It's just sitting around so, why not.

I cannot remember the passcode and have tried too many times so now the phone says disabled, connect to iTunes. I have tried several times but cannot get past the screen warning. I have also tried holding in the side button and the volume button and restarting while holding the side button in but it still goes back to iPhone is disabled, connect to iTunes. I've got 3 or 4 old iPhones laying around from past personal usage but this one I stopped using somewhat recently. There has to be a way to get it functional again. Again, there is no sim card. Please help!!!

how to unlock an old disabled iphone without a sin card when it won't connect to iTunes

Posted on Oct 14, 2022 7:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 15, 2022 1:40 AM

If your computer doesn't recognize your iPhone, iPad, or iPod

If your computer doesn't recognize your iPhone, iPad, or iPod - Apple Support

iOS device not showing in iTunes for Windows

iOS device not showing in iTunes for Wind… - Apple Community

Similar questions

3 replies

Oct 14, 2022 10:33 PM in response to deggie

It's not just that I forgot my passcode, I apparently typed in the code wrong several times, (forgot my passcode) this was an older iPhone I had in a drawer so kept guessing what I thought it might be the last time I used it. I change passcodes all the time on my Apple products. If it was as simple as a forgotten passcode, I could have figured that out but this in a disabled phone that cannot/will not connect to iTunes so I can clear (erase everything) and use it as a cleared of all data iPhone for taking pictures and videos. There's no sim card in it, that's long gone. In summary. - This is a disabled iPhone 8 that will not connect to iTunes and it has no sim card. There must be a way to regain basic functions and be able ti use it for taking photos without a sim card.

Disbaled iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.