Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my old iphone 4s is disabled now, i try to plug into PC running itune and it doesnt help much

Hi

Can anyone help me ?

I have an old iphone 4s, and not using for quite sometimes, i am thinking of using it as ipod.

i try to on it after fully charged and the passcode required msg came up.

as usual , i use the same passcode for my iphone6 and 11pro.

i tried few times then my iphone4s was locked and disabled.

i've read thru the web and i know i need to use a PC with itune to reactivate my iphone4.

but , when i plugged it in, the name of my phone "william iphone 4s" is correctly appeared and it is the same as recorded in my itune account. but somehow , the iphone4s seems doesnt want to work. The msg still "the iphone is disabled" and "connect to Itunes" .. when connect to itune, my itune said " to allow access, please respond to my iphone" ...my iphone 11pro didnt give me and msg to respond and the iphone4s still disabled as it was before.

Please help...

iPhone 4S

Posted on Sep 2, 2020 1:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 2, 2020 1:36 AM

Connect iPhone to Computer / Mac

Settings > Touch/Face ID & Passcode > USB Accessories > [Enable]

You haven't mentioned whether you have a PC or Mac

Use your USB lightening cable --> Resolve USB-related alerts in iTunes - Apple Support

If unable to connect --> If iTunes doesn't recognize your iPhone, iPad, or iPod - Apple Support

For your Mac --> If your computer doesn't recognize your iPhone, iPad, or iPod ...

For your Windows PC —> Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows - Apple Community

Use genuine cable --> Identify counterfeit or uncertified Lightning connector accessories ...

See how to --> Sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod using iTunes on your computer ...

If you are experiencing an issue not listed here, contact support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 2, 2020 1:36 AM in response to tanlian71

Connect iPhone to Computer / Mac

Settings > Touch/Face ID & Passcode > USB Accessories > [Enable]

You haven't mentioned whether you have a PC or Mac

Use your USB lightening cable --> Resolve USB-related alerts in iTunes - Apple Support

If unable to connect --> If iTunes doesn't recognize your iPhone, iPad, or iPod - Apple Support

For your Mac --> If your computer doesn't recognize your iPhone, iPad, or iPod ...

For your Windows PC —> Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows - Apple Community

Use genuine cable --> Identify counterfeit or uncertified Lightning connector accessories ...

See how to --> Sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod using iTunes on your computer ...

If you are experiencing an issue not listed here, contact support

my old iphone 4s is disabled now, i try to plug into PC running itune and it doesnt help much

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.