Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Apple TV keeps popping up to verify Apple ID

No matter what I do, or how often I put in the password and it is accepted the Apple TV keeps asking for the password again within a few minutes. With the more recent update(s) there is a red dot with a two for my apple ID and it says an iPhone is Required to update my apple ID setting and another button also says use an iphone to "Finish signing in. I do not have an iphone or other iOS device and it shouldn't be a requirement for this standalone device!

I bought my Apple TV brand new and have only ever signed in one ID ever. I have chatted with support but they don't know what to do either. I'm supposed to get a call from a senior tech tomorrow but I have been trying to get this resolved with apple support for years.

How do I clear this error?

Posted on Oct 15, 2022 12:48 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

Oct 15, 2022 3:31 PM in response to Urquhart1244

Thanks for your suggestion. I have previously tried resetting the ATV to factory as well. It worked for about an hour before it started asking for password verification just like before. I even tried updating my login on the website. I don't see any other options. The poor onscreen keyboard interface to enter a complex password makes it a nightmare to keep entering my complex password. Siri also has trouble with special characters and even capitol letters at times. I don't see any alterative to the iPhone requirement, which is criminal IMHO.

Home Sharing, iCloud and Store are both signed in under my account. Require Password is set to Never for purchases. Free Downloads is greyed out and unselectable.

Let me know if you have other questions or ideas on this.

My Apple TV keeps popping up to verify Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.