Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

12 pro max shuts down by itself

after ios 16 update, my phone shuts down and restarts with 1 percent almost every 5minutes eventhough whithout using or touching it. I got that important battery message 'Unknown part'. it is so frustrating. i need help. I never changed my battery it was okay before ios 16 PLEASE I NEED HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Oct 15, 2022 8:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 15, 2022 8:33 AM

Your battery has failed→iPhone Battery Replacement - Official Apple Support

8 replies

Oct 23, 2022 7:57 AM in response to laryaanaa

If the battery is the original one it is 2 years old. Either you had the battery replaced with a non-Apple battery, or the original battery has failed. Sometimes batteries fail on their own, sometimes user actions can shorten the battery’s life, such as letting it drain until the battery shuts off on a regular basis, not charging it immediately if it shuts down due to low battery, letting the phone get too hot frequently, or using poor quality power sources or cables.

12 pro max shuts down by itself

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.