Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch with Cellular connection

I have a silly question, but I'm a first time apple watch user. When I added a cellular plan to my watch, it got a 'new' cell phone number (not the same one as my cell phone). If I leave my cell phone at home and go away and someone rings my cell phone, will that call also ring on my watch over the cellular network? Or do I need to set up call forwarding on the phone for that to work?

Similarly, if I make calls from my watch, when my phone is not around, will people see my usual number or the watch number?

Thank you!

Apple Watch Series 8

Posted on Oct 15, 2022 9:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 15, 2022 11:17 AM

You can basically ignore that new number. It isn't relevant to you or to receiving phone calls.

Calls to your iPhone's number will ring on the watch even when the two are separated.

M1 Mac mini, macOS 12.6; Watch, series 7 GPS/cellular, watchOS 9; iPad Pro 2nd Gen, iPadOS 15.6; iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 16; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 16; HomePods, audioOS 16 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 15, 2022 11:17 AM in response to mitron11

You can basically ignore that new number. It isn't relevant to you or to receiving phone calls.

Calls to your iPhone's number will ring on the watch even when the two are separated.

M1 Mac mini, macOS 12.6; Watch, series 7 GPS/cellular, watchOS 9; iPad Pro 2nd Gen, iPadOS 15.6; iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 16; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 16; HomePods, audioOS 16 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

Apple Watch with Cellular connection

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.