Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

photos App: Places not showing all the pics

I have location information in my pics, but only a very few appear on the map when you click PLACES.

I have taken pics in different countries, in the photo info, it has the location information, but when i view the pics through the PLACES link, most are not shown.

If i look via the PEOPLE link and view the map, then pics are placed on the map, but not if I go directly to the PLACES link. View few pics are shown on the map

Any ideas how to fix this?

Posted on Oct 15, 2022 11:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 15, 2022 2:34 PM

Have you zoomed in on the map? Even though I've been all over the UK, my map shows 1 picture in England-- but when I zoom in it separates into more pictures in different places, with the set of pictures getting more and more dispersed as I go in. If I click on one of the pictures it turns out that it is representing many more.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 15, 2022 2:34 PM in response to max Hatfield

Have you zoomed in on the map? Even though I've been all over the UK, my map shows 1 picture in England-- but when I zoom in it separates into more pictures in different places, with the set of pictures getting more and more dispersed as I go in. If I click on one of the pictures it turns out that it is representing many more.

photos App: Places not showing all the pics

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.